Our goal is to empower black businesses with tools to strengthen networking abilities and to provide valuable business resources that will enable us to close the gap in the profit margin between black owned businesses and non–black owned businesses.
In 2007 there were over 1.9 million black owned businesses in the United States. That number is growing rapidly. According to the US Census, the average black owned business grosses about $72,000 per year. This is below the national average for other minority businesses which gross an average of $179,000. In addition, non-minority firms gross an average of $490,000 per year.
Improved networking is the key to the success of the black owned business. We will start by giving black businesses the ability to network with other black owned businesses. We will provide valuable resources to businesses that will enable businesses to move forward and focus on their business needs. These resources include the following:
- Black owned business directory that will offer business a free listing to all black owned businesses
- Scholarship listing that will list scholarships that target African American students
- Job board that will list jobs that are offered by African American business owners
- Discounts on web design services to black owned businesses who do not have a web presence
- Discounts on Lean Six Sigma training to businesses to give black owned businesses a means to increase profits internally.